Wednesday, September 5, 2012

25/50 Challenge - Twitterized



Yo yo yo everybody. This is your boy Perspicacious P aka White Jackal aka Gangsta Jonathan Livingston Seagull aka the Vanilla Thrilla. I am WAAAAY behind in reviews and don’t feel like writing a long one for each, so I am going to rapid fire review a bunch of different things Twitter-style -- 140 characters or less. Let’s do it:

Your Highness (Movie 22 of 50)

They left no ideas on the cutting room floor, tried to cross every line possible. More insane than funny, but I enjoyed it.

The Fifth Element (Movie 23 of 50)

I missed this as a kid and it came recommended. I like Luc Besson films, but this was kinda silly.

The Amazing Spider Man (Movie 24 of 50)

I don't love superhero movies but had to get out of the house for a couple of hours and enjoyed this more than I thought I would.

Po Di Sangui (Movie 25 of 50)

Had to watch this movie for work, it's an African folk tale and was way too arty for my taste. You probably haven't even heard of it.

The Dark Knight Rises (Movie 26 of 50)

Nice to see Hines Ward get signed by the Gotham Rogues, but it's a shame that the stadium blew up during his ill kick return.

Total Recall (Movie 27 of 50)

Was an entertaining two hours and don't get why critics shit on it. You're not getting Francois Truffaut, so chill the fuck out everyone.

Premium Rush (Movie 28 of 50)

Loved this fucking movie. As a non-car person, it was nice to see the bikes get some shine. JGL is becoming one of my favorite actors.

The Bourne Legacy (Movie 29 of 50)

I saw this right after Premium Rush and was a little 'chase scened' out, but I like Jeremy Renner and wasn't let down by it.

The Hurt Locker (Movie 30 of 50)

I liked it but didn't think it was THAT good. I think b/c it dealt with the Iraq War at a crazy time it got extra praise.

The Expendables 2 (Movie 31 of 50)

Ridiculously over-the-top and too self-aware, so you know I loved it.

WHAT'S THE TIME? TIME TO GET BOOKS!

Memoirs of a Rugby Playing Man (Book 16 of 25)

Rugby memoir by a professor I had at UMass-Lowell. He has been able to play into his 50s, I can't even walk five feet without getting hurt.

You’re Not Doing It Right (Book 17 of 25)

Michael Ian Black - I like his Twitter, but this was a little too raw in parts for me. He has a great podcast about eating snacks though!

The Wordy Shipmates (Book 18 of 25)

Loved this book way more than I thought I would. The author struck a nice balance between calling out the pilgrims and respecting them.

The Golden Ratio (Book 19 of 25)

I sort of liked this book, but ultimately it's about an equation. Took me six weeks to finish. Is there an equation for being bored?

Let the Great World Spin (Book 20 of 25)

Made me want to move to New York, even though some of it is really raw. I didn't love it at first, but it gained steam as it went.

So that's all for now, kids! Almost done the books, but I have a way to go with the movies. Stay tuned, the end of the year is going to be a wild ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment