Tuesday, June 12, 2012

You Only Live Twice

I was mostly underwhelmed by the season 5 finale of Mad Men (Will Don Draper have to go the dentist!? A little too forward in spelling out the themes of the season and episode in the writing...) I mean, overall, I thought Season 5 was really solid, don't get me wrong, but the episode before was the real money episode, and the last one left me a bit cold. But I have to admit that they got me in the very end with the montage set to Nancy Sinatra's James Bond theme, "You Only Live Twice." It was a great way to end it with a great song.


Of course, Peter Swanson, being a big Bond and John Barry fan has already written something about this over at his blog, Armchair Audience This is a great great song, but his assertion that it is better than Shirley Bassey's "Goldfinger" is just insane.

-Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment